Saturday 9 July 2016

Not Teaching: Week 1

I am taking a year off of teaching. This was the first week I had out of the classroom since March Break. Based on the start of the week, I definitely feel like I could be happy simply writing my time travel story - but I’m not convinced it’s something others will read, and there are other things I want to do as well which others might enjoy more.


Previous INDEX Next

This time next week I’ll actually be at “Twitter Math Camp”. I signed up yesterday to present a “My Favourite”, still kicking at the musical math can. Because sure. Might as well make more business cards too. Even if it doesn’t net me any additional feedback, it keeps me off the streets.

Item counts run Sunday (July 3) to Saturday (July 9).

Step Count: About 52,900.
I’ve been trying to keep this up, and have left the house at least once a day. Only Monday and today (Sat) have been below the usual 7,000.

Teaching Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Binders away in boxes for later sorting
 -Posted about Cubic Formula oddities (Also counted as writing?)
 -Music video about Cubic Formula (had to re-record myself, bah)
 -Discovered, bought and read the first “Solution Squad” comic!


Desk at Home: New Fate, undignified pose

Writing/Art Related Items (from Sun to Sat):
 -Finished drawing/inking a math comic by Monday; scripted the next
 -Index post for this series of posts (a life serial?)
 -Cued up “Time & Tied” posts to almost the end of the month (including a commentary)
 -A bit more editing work on that story into August (including next commentary)
 -Posted about Cubic Formula oddities (Also counted as teaching?)
 -This post. Does that go without saying?

If I’m writing something teaching related, should I only put that in “Writing”? If so, would that negate having the “Teaching Related” section completely? Opinions?

Other items (not teaching or writing) for the past week:
 -Out with friends on Monday and Saturday
 -Stayed up to the end of Nash’s show (RDA) at 2am because I could
 -Caught up (finished) reading the serial SyncPoint
 -Doctor’s Appointment Tuesday
 -HomeCare Grocer’s Appointment Tuesday
 -Got a haircut
 -Signed up for Monday yoga
 -Saw 5 episodes of “Sailor Moon Crystal” (Season 3)
 -Resumed reading “Outlander”; been reading it since July 2015
 -Tidied up the living room a bit (tossed old flyers, etc)
 -Saw the “X-Men: Apocalypse” movie with friends
 -RolePlay group on Saturday night

MUST DO items in the coming week:
 -Pack for “Twitter Math Camp”
 -Actually script out my 5 min TMC “My Favourite”
 -Draw/Ink a comic for Monday
 -Draw/Ink next comic before Thursday Morning (before flight)
 -Doctor related appointment on Tuesday


I usually forget something when going on a trip...

WOULD BE NICE items:
 -Write a themed short fiction from the WFG forums
 -Catch up with #OttSlowChat on Twitter
 -Start the process for French Citizenship (*New)
 -Renew my passport (*New)
 -Recreate a buffer for my math comic
 -Organize all the paper clutter from school
 -Organize all the electronic clutter from school
 -Weed through/organize emails
 -Post recap about OAME (from May)
 -Post recap about Math PD (from Feb)
 -See about getting a roofer for reshingling
 -Catch up with more web serials I’ve enjoyed
 -Write a TANDQ article on Decision Fatigue
 -Write a post about types of praise/encouragement
 -Post recap about CAN-CON (from Oct)
 -Do more editing on my T&T story
 -Actually market some of my creative stuff
 -Catch up more on “Sailor Moon Crystal” (no spoilers!)
 -Catch up on “Bones” (no spoilers!)
 -Get back onto tumblr
 -Read some of the books sitting at my desk

And that’s where I’m at, now that we’re into July. Come back next week to see what got done (assuming no problems posting from Minnesota).
Previous INDEX Next

No comments:

Post a Comment